Sunday, November 29, 2009

Red Rock 40 Mile Trail Run

As I headed down the dirt road towards San Ysidro Trail I whipped out my camera to take a photo of a runner headed up the steep hill. I asked if he minded if I took his photo and he responded, "why would you want to take a photo of me?" He responded this way knowing that he was the final runner in the race followed closely behind by the race "sweeper". I responded back, "anyone who does this race deserves to have their photo taken." In fact anyone who finished this race is a winner in my book no matter what time they crossed the finish line.


The race is the Red Rock 40 Mile Trail Run formerly known as the SB 9 Trails Race. It changed to the RR 40 because the recent fires closed trails needed to complete the race. This race started at Red Rock Campground followed trails along the backside of the mountain then headed up to Cold Spring Saddle then followed our front country trails to the Romero Canyon trail head.....and back again. Running sections of this race route is tough enough, as I did this day but the whole 40 miles in one day, unbelieveable. More on this race and results...
Dave



Steve Owens Looking Strong @ Mile 26


A Tired Runner Headed Out Of San Ysidro Canyon


Super Steep- San Ysidro Canyon Trails




No comments: